Fordhook Zucchini

Monday, July 11, 2011

Carrot Update - July 11, 2011

July 11th Update -

We have been pretty busy about the house with everything except the update of the garden and this blog. Just wanted to give a quick update on the carrots ... there is no update. The seedlings popped up and quickly died.

I have on my calender to plant some more carrot seeds this week. I think what I am going to do is prepare a little better plot using compost to make sure that the seeds take. I also will start this planting in my special biodegradable planting pots (i.e. toilet paper rolls) and then transfer them when they have a good foothold. I have read that carrots don't transplant well but we will have to see since I will be just putting the whole thing in the ground.

Joe Delk

No comments:

Post a Comment