Fordhook Zucchini

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cabbage

January 28, 2012 -

I started my spring vegetables already and have included two types of cabbage. I am planting Copenhagen Early Market and Ferry's Round Dutch. I do not have much of a history on these yet, but when I get it I will include it here.

I started these guys about 12 weeks before my average last frost utilizing some re-purposed toilet paper rolls. So far, these have worked great. All the seeds have sprouted except one of the Ferry's Round Dutch (I accidentally knocked this one over and had to replant). The kids are really liking this one and hopefully it will give us some good cabbage heads to prepare. I have 6 of each type going. Because I can space it out, I will probably do a second planting of these for the spring as well. Hopefully I will have some pictures to attach tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment