Fordhook Zucchini

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tulips-a-Plenty

February 4, 2012 -

Last fall, before cooler temperatures arrived, I got two types of tulip bulbs on sale. Jocelyn's favorite flower is the tulip. So we purchased some red and white tulips and allowed them to take over one of the beds. This might have been poor planning on my part but it will be worth it when they sprout up here soon.

When I noticed our garlic bulbs poking their heads up a couple of weeks ago, I also noticed that the bulbs I had planted in the fall had also awakened. With the unseasonably warm weather we have had all winter, it is no wonder that they have poked their little green thumbs out the ground. When I counted all of the bulbs that Abby and I planted last year were up and out.

They are just small compact shoots now, but hopefully they will harken in spring when it gets with a burst of color. They also will hopefully mark a spot for honey bees to come back to several times this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment