Fordhook Zucchini

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Update - June 5, 2011

Hello everyone out there. Today was not much for the garden. Here is a quick update.

Harvested my first Black Beauty Zucchini today. It was a good sized one. Should have about 4 more this week. So far I have lost 2 due to lack of pollination. I did take pictures today to show the how-to to hand pollinate a zucchini. I hand pollinated one this morning.

Added some grass clippings to the Cherry Tomato. It was looking a little yellow.

An update on the experiment: We had a pretty good wind storm today from some thunderstorms that were happening south of us. It blew off the 5 Styrofoam cups I had. However, in cleaning up the mess, I noticed the beans in the dirt had sprouted. So, it works. I put some more beans in a small container of water today and I will try to replant tomorrow.

The Better Boy Tomatoes are still flowering like crazy, but I did not notice any action on them except a small corn bee going around.

Well, did not get the herb bed built because Isaac was sick today. Maybe I will get to do it tomorrow.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment