Fordhook Zucchini

Friday, June 3, 2011

1st Harvest!

Hello everyone out there. We have exciting news from the garden. We have had our first harvest from the garden. Tuesday night we had fresh zucchini cut straight from the garden and sauteed by Jocelyn.
This is the one I hand pollinated
This the one I showed you a picture of earlier

It was pretty exciting to get something from the garden. These two zukes were of the Fordhook variety. We also have some Black Beauty Zucchini's that are coming along and should be ready by Monday.
We only ate one. We are going to save the other for later
I am especially proud of one of these because it was one that I hand pollinated. I have hand pollinated all the others so far as well. Unfortunately, we have not had much bee activity in the garden to help out in the essentials of nature. I will probably post a how to on this when I finally get some pictures. I am hoping some pollinating insects will visit the tomato soon as they are blooming profusely.

Well hope everyone enjoyed this little achievement from the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment