Fordhook Zucchini

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April 26, 2011 Update

Hello everybody out there. Today I bought the lumber I need for the final bed. I will buy some of the dirt tomorrow on my way home from work and hopefully build some of it. I really need to do this because of the pumpkins and get them in the ground so they can grow.

I also need to get this bed built so I can get spots for the final tomatoes and the last of the squash that I have.

The Chianti Rose and the Amish Paste and the Midnight in Moscow have all sprouted and are doing well. The Chianti Rose really surprised me today because three little sprouts popped up. It won't be long until I will have to thin them.

The two Zucchinis and the Cauliflower that Andy weeded are showing some signs of stress. Hopefully, they will make it through, but I may have lost three plants to little hands.

That is it for today. Hopefully God will allow everything to keep on growing.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Joe! I'm super impressed by your gardening abilities! And I love that the kids want to help as well. You won't be surprised to hear that I wasn't much into helping with gardening since I didnt' want to risk getting dirty. Nevertheless, Gommy Petty would let me carry a watering can around and feel important. :) Hope to see your garden in person soon!

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete