Fordhook Zucchini

Monday, April 18, 2011

Tragedy in Joe's Garden

We had a tragedy in Joe's Garden today. The small Roma and Better Boy seedlings that were going well were scorched today because I negligently left them outside to get some sun....all day. Luckily I noticed the mistake when I got home and quickly brought them inside and doused them with water. Within 30 minutes, the two Roma seedlings were back up to their normal selves but only one of the Better Boy Seedlings was back. The others were tragically lost. I quess I tried to harden them too much.

On the plus side, I did sow some of the heirloom seedlings I got in the mail. I planted two Styrofoam cups of the Amish Paste Tomato, two of the Chianti Rose Tomato, and four of the Midnight in Moscow Tomatoes. Two of these are for some guys at work that I talk about planting with. We will have to follow their progress to see how they do.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to say they have enticing names. Hope they taste as good as they sound!

    Already pondering recipes,
    Grammy Pat

    ReplyDelete