Fordhook Zucchini

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Update - April 20,2011

Hello everyone. Here is an update from the garden. The Better Boy Tomatoes are still doing well. The Fordhook Zucchini plants have transplanted are doing well. Abby's broccoli is still growing as well. and has now sprouted its second small head. I will need to prune it soon and Abby will have some more broccoli to eat.

The seedlings are still doing well and I will probably transplant the okra to its permanent home this weekend. We will probably get a lot of production out of them. I am looking forward to this. They will go in the second 6' x 6' bed.

I transplanted the Zinnia transplants tonight to their permanent home. They are positioned next to the marigolds in the first 6' x 6' bed. These should entice several pollinating insects to the garden. If that does not entice them enough, I scored a good deal last night at Aldi. They were selling rose plants at a steeply discounted price. I got two rose plants for $2.99 each. If they work out great, if they do not, well I am out $6.

The second egg carton I started that had the pepper seeds in them are not doing anything yet except the Crooked Neck Squash which is sprouting its first head through the dirt. All three are looking good.

The tragedy that happened a few days ago was not as bad as it could have been. I did lose three of the Better Boy seedlings but two of the Roma tomatoes survived unscathed. Hopefully, they will be ready for transplanted soon for Styrofoam cups.

I also have another project I have to do this week. I need to build a couple of 4'x4' beds for Isaac's pumpkins. They are doing really good in their Styrofoam cups but they will need to be transplanted soon.

Still nothing from the Silver Queen corn, the heirloom tomatoes and other seeds started this week.

That's it for now.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment